Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Drilled Piers

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Jake Watson wrote:

>>Have you thought of geopiers?  Basically you drill the hole and fill it
with crushed rock.  If you want more info, let me know and I will get
the name of the company from my office.<<

And if you pump grout in, it is the PrePakt system.  Isn't that what was used 
for the foundations of the Straits of Mackinaw Bridge?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona