Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Vibro-replacement/stone column[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Vibro-replacement/stone column
- From: "Dan Goodrich" <dang(--nospam--at)karren.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:31:26 -0700
I am reading a geotech report for a high school gym. Masonry
bearing walls, and steel joists. The report estimates
a liquefaction settlement of appox. 10 to 15 in. The geotech
recommends using a deep pile/pier system, or a
ground improvement technique called vibro-replacement, or
stone columns. The stone column idea appears to be a much
simpler approach as far as the building is concerned.
Has anybody had experience with this? Pros? Cons?
Was it very expensive?
Dan Goodrich, P.E.
Karren & Associates
3707 North Canyon Rd. Suite 8H
Provo, Utah 84604
- Prev by Subject: Re: Vertical Shafts
- Next by Subject: Re: Vibro-replacement/stone column
- Previous by thread: Re;Truss barcing
- Next by thread: Re: Vibro-replacement/stone column