Re: Mill tests

Jason Kilgore wrote:

>>Who controls in a disagreement with a local building code and OSHA?
Can a local government allow construction that is less strict than OSHA?
Exactly how much authority does OSHA have?  I know they can inspect
and shut down a construction site, but can they control the finished
product?<<

The Williams-Steiger Occupational and Safety Health Act was intended to
provide employees with a safe and healthy working environment.  If there
are *no* employees in the structure, OSHA has no control after construction
is completed.  However, if there is an employee, and OSHA receives a report
of an unsafe or unhealthy condition, it can certainly cite the person
responsible for the condition.

I remember the big hulabalew about office coffee pots and electric
typewriters that occurred about 15 - 20 years ago.  Now that OSHA has adopted
regulations concerning ergonometric furniture, look out employers!

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona