From: James Hannah [mailto:jvhannah1(--nospam--at)home.com]
Sent: Martes 12 de Diciembre de 2000 23:51
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org; JV Hannah
Subject: Re: LOOKING FOR A BOOK

Mark Jones appears correct this looks like a journal article, any library
should be able to find this.  University of Michigan, I think, has a huge
microfilm referance library of old journals and can supply copies for a
reasonable fee.

If you are looking for another book try, "Design of Single Story Rigid
Frames", by George Lee, Robert L. Ketter, & T. L. Hsu. 1981, pub. by the
Metal Building Manufacturers Association, 1300 Sumner Avenue, Cleveland, Oh
44115, 216 241-7333

This is the only book, which I have found, that goes into any depth on the
design of tapered columns and beams.  These authors are the ones that did
the research cited in the AISC Mamual.

Lincoln Electric also has a book, "Design of Welded Structures" by Blodgett,
Which also covers the topic in one chapter.  (I hope title and spelling are
correct??)

If anybody else has any other suggestion on tapered members I would love to
hear them.

Jim Hannah