Apartment Building Collapse

Because the owner was in jail(?) in Tucson, the collapse got maybe a little
more coverage, but not enough for engineering purposes.

I say, jail(?), because the guy reportedly was permitted furloughs to take
care of local business and to travel to Los Angeles on weekends to take care
of some businesses there, one of which apparently was the apartment building.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Paul Feather wrote:

>>There was a blurb on the news about an apartment building that experienced a
partial collapse somewhere in the Los Angeles area.
Does anyone have any further information?  The news was pretty limited
(sensationalism only), and our local papers did not carry the article.<<