Re: Apartment Building Collapse

> >If the designer was a youngster when he designed it and with 76 years
> >passing since it was built, the designer probably doesn't have to worry
much
> >about the liability  :<)
> >Regards,
> >Bill Cain  S.E.
> >Oakland CA

I figured this one was coming, but let's add another scenario to the
discussion.  A few weeks back there was an article on a building in the
Newport Harbor area that was partly on land and partly over the water on
piers.  After 27 useful years of service the building piers sank over a 24
hour period creating a 30 plus degree list into the harbor.  Building is
currently declared unsafe but I have not heard any further information.

How do you view a failure like this after 27 years?

Paul Feather