Seismic design of flatplates

Hello.

I would like to hear from you.
 I am designing 7 story high concrete building.  It has shearwalls to resist
the  wind and earthquake loads and flatplates on columns to resist vertical
loads. My consern is about punching of the flatplates because of eccentric
punching during earthquake.  The expected effectiv ground peak acceleration
is 0.15g at the building site with 500 years return.
Do you have any recommendations.  Should I reduce the nominal shear strenght
of the concrete and provide shear stirrups ?
Are there any recommendations from Europe i.e. ceb/fip.

Einar Einarsson, CE.