RE: Apartment Building Collapse

>translates into a recurrance period of about 2500 years
Given the scarcity of 2500 year old buildings and the fact that
earthquake measurements go back maybe 100 years, my guess is there's more
to it.

Don't mind me, I'm as skeptical about probabalistic design (cf. Feynman's
comments on the Challenger failure probabilities) as I am about LRFD. But
I'm not letting it interfere with Christmas. ;->

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw