Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: about repairing rc strustures by using steel..[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: about repairing rc strustures by using steel..
- From: sscholl2(--nospam--at)juno.com
- Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:30:35 -0800
Several multistory concrete buildings have been both temporarily and permanently repaired using steel wide-flange members as X bracing running from the roof level to the foundation, on the exterior of the building, running right across windows in some cases. Also many old brick buildings have been retrofitted by running steel X bracing on the inside of the buildings, again right across windows. But most old masonry buildings are repaired using gunite/shotcrete over heavy reinforcing, on the exterior. Stan Scholl, P.E., FASCE
- Prev by Subject: Re: RE:about repairing rc strustures by using steel..
- Next by Subject: ACI Manual of Standard Practice
- Previous by thread: Re: RE:about repairing rc strustures by using steel..
- Next by thread: re: P-delta effects