Re: building permits

I recommend that the engineer not be a party to extensive construction
being done without a permit because the engineer will become a party to
illegal action and become very vulnerable to litigation which could come
from several fronts: a disgruntled owner, tenants who find some fault or
from the agency if they find out about it. It could easily result in
suspension of the engineer's license.]

Stan Scholl, P.E., FASCE