Perforated Shearwall Discussion Forum

A couple of weeks ago I posted the links to the testing done at Virginia
Polytechnic for Perforated shearwalls. This work was published for NAHB-RC
(HUD) and for AF&PA. The discussion forum topic brought many interested
parties who clicked on the links in order to read the research doc's or to
download them.
I think it is important for our professional community, while the work on
Perforated Shearwalls moves forward, to review and comment on this.
I want to invite all interested parties to contact me at the e-mail address
below if you are interested in being placed on a mailing list to be notified
of opinions, comments or suggestions on the research work done or on
Perforated shearwalls in general. Ideally, I would like the opinions of
those in regions of high risk of wind or seismic - internationally.

The work is moving forward and there is a great deal of support building
through the efforts of AF&PA and NAHB-RC. I have read some of the research
data and am leaning in favor of it, but I believe that I have questions (as
most of you will) that can be answered or discussed on this forum.

The primary reason for not discussing it on a listservice is that the thread
is maintained and information that you wish to supply to support an argument
can be attached to your forum post and made available to visitors. The
threads remain on the discussion forum, allowing others to review at their
leisure.

I will be posting the link to the discussion topic on the Structuralist
Professional page. Click on the Professional Button at the home page on
http://www.structuralist.net and follow the link at the left side of the
professional page.

I am intending to invite the professor who authored the research work to
participate on the forum so as to obtain answers to questions related to
test procedures.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for: