Professional Networking

Some time ago I posted a question related to establishing a network of
professionals who would be willing and available to provide services for
other professionals who may be inundated with work. This weekend I will be
starting a professional networking discussion on the Structuralist.Net
discussion forums.

If you are interested in participating in the network, please e-mail me at
the address listed below so that I may add you to my e-mail list of those
who are available. It is important that you be willing to participate in the
discussion forum to address important issues such as; Contractual
Agreements, Compensation, Quality of work issues, and many more topics of
this kind that need to be ironed out before we can begin such a network.

I believe that this can be a useful tool to help communities throughout the
country (or further) where there is an abundance of need for engineers but
not enough engineers available to handle the load, or who are willing to
accommodate clients with small project needs. It is also a means to help
engineers in regions where work has slowed to offer their services to those
in areas where work in abundant and in the future, reciprocate when the tide
shifts.

Again, please send me an e-mail with some information about your abilities
and computer literacy that I can begin to compile for the possible
evaluation of a collaborative, Internet based, work relationship with other
firms or individual professionals.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for: