Re: Bridge Testing in US

I have heard of some railroad owners requiring testing of new bridges.  Check with the latest AREA manual (sorry, but I forgot their new name).

Regards,
ed arrington

>>> jelena(--nospam--at)bleiziffer.hr 12/05/00 11:03AM >>>
Could someone please help me with the following questions:

Is it necessary in US to test a bridge after it has been built and before it goes into service?
If the answer is yes, is the specification of bridge testing defined in some code and which one?

I need this information in order to compare it with the regulations on this subject in my country
which are undergoing a lot of changes recently.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jelena Bleiziffer
Croatian Institute for Bridge and Structural Engineering