Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
LRFD and the "Special Seismic Load Combos"[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAINT Listservice <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: LRFD and the "Special Seismic Load Combos"
- From: Dave Adams <davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:45:59 -0800
Those of you who are currently designing (comfortably) with LRFD: I'm just getting my feet wet with this method and would appreciate some guidance. Regarding the Special Seismic Load Combinations (U.B.C. Section 1612.4), are there any special resistance factors that can be used to "increase" the nominal strength of the member or connection that you are designing for these load combinations? The answer is probably in the specification somewhere and I'm just missing it. It doesn't sound right to be able to "increase" the strength of a member/connection, but the special load combinations can give you huge results compared with the standard load combinations. I apologize if this is a "bonehead" question in the world of LRFD, but I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Dave K. Adams, P.E. Lane Engineers, Inc. PH: (559) 688-5263 E-mail: davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com
- Prev by Subject: looking for job
- Next by Subject: Re: LRFD and the "Special Seismic Load Combos"
- Previous by thread: RE: Orange county Salary
- Next by thread: Re: LRFD and the "Special Seismic Load Combos"