Re: "Read Only" AutoCad files

>Not ever having used Adobe Acrobat to create any document I was assmuming
>it simply captured an image.
I don't know about Windoze, but the Mac version simply creates the file
using an option in the print dialog box. You can do it in Distiller, but
I only run through Distiller if I want to alter the security provisions
or do something fancy. I've beocme a serious Acrobat partisan over the
last 6 months. It's a very good way to transmit anything I could
otherwise print, including faxes and FEA plots.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw