Seismic Load on Residence

We are involved with a house in a high seismic area.  The house is 2 storeys
(wood construction).
The first floor is a concrete slab on grade (no basement) that is elevated 4
above
finished outside grade.  The foundation wall extends down another 4 feet
below
finished outside grade for frost cover.  Compacted fill is to be placed
under the slab.
My first question is what would be a reasonable elevation for my base to
take
shears and moments and the second is, should I consider the compacted
fill inside under the slab as part of my dead load of the structure. The
soil is
a soft clay for quite a depth.

Brian McDonald P.Eng