Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Engineering service

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Situations like this arise from time to time. If you take this on, you need
an ironclad indemnification agreement with the client, binding his
successors and assigns, if any, protecting you from any future litigation
and expense for the stuff you didn't work on. You might also consider
talking to your E&O carrier to see if they will write a one-time, continuing
coverage rider to your policy for this particular project, and ask your
client to pay the premium. The developer may not be solvent or even in
business to protect you several years down the road. If you can't get this
protection, I would not sleep all that well taking this on.
-----Original Message-----
From: Tin Dinh [mailto:tindinh(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 11:43 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Engineering service

I have been requested to help a client who has been
not pleased with the performance of his design-build
firm and has canceled their service. The project is
not completed and has been carried out since by
another builder based on the approved plan made by the
previous design-build contractor. As the project is
going to the final phase to get the final inspection,
the inspector found out couple discrepancies  that
need to be addressed to the engineer/architect of
record of the project and also their approval. My
client has tried to reach them several times, by phone
as well as by mail,but there has been no response.
I like to know your comments respecting how to
approach the case to help the client to finalize the
project and if I give them my engineering service, do
I assume all the engineering responsibility of the
whole project.

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products.