RE: masonry infill walls( hey David Chang)

Keith,

While I don't recall seeing any  suggestions on detailings connections to
engage the infil wall, you might want to check out FEMA 273 (Guidlelines
for Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings) and FEMA 274 (the commentary).
FEMA 273 does have some methodologies included for evaluating masonry
infill walls (if I recall correctly), including a method for determining
the "equivalent" compression strut.

Hope that helps,

Scott