RE: Weld Fractures (refrain)

Bill,

You are correct.  The minimum ambient temperature is process dependent, but
welding in general is not allowed when the ambient temperature drops below 0
degrees F without special procedures for preheating and maintaining heat.
Also when the base metal temperature is below 32 degrees F, the base metal
is to be preheated and maintained at 70 degrees F.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague