"Crack" the CMOS System password??

S. Peeran wrote:

>>Is there any program to crack the CMOS system password? In case if a the
password has been forgot or else the system was locked?? Well is there any
Patcher availabe in Net??<<

There should not be a password for access to the CMOS.  Look very carefully
when you boot, there should be something that says, "For system setup,
<CTRL-ALT-ESQ>" or something similar.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT mess with the jumper on the motherboard except in a
dire emergency!  And only when you have a complete BIOS upgrade available on
a bootable floppy disk.

Last night, I was reading (looking thru) Scott Mueller's, "Upgrading and
Repairing PCs," (Que, 10th Anniversary Edition) about upgrading BIOSes.  They
have info on upgrading flash BIOSes, and what to do if you interrupt the
upgrade before it completes.  (That is when you want to carefully change the
jumper on the motherboard.)

Mueller also has hints on what function key will access the CMOS setup for a
couple of BIOSes (Phoenix and Award, IIRC).  I will look up the information
again, if you need it.

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona