Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Masonry Fence[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Masonry Fence
- From: "Larry Hauer" <lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:32:42 -0800
Can anyone enlighten me on what formula,(s), to use in the '97 UBC for free standing masonry screen walls, (I've got one that is over 19' high! - obviously pilasters will be necessary). Table 16-O calls for ap and Rp values, (item H), but using these with formula 32-1 thru 32-3 will give excessively high seismic forces. Formulas 34-2 and 34-3 seem more appropriate, except that they don't have the ap and Rp values included.
Thanks in advance,
Larry Hauer, SE
- Prev by Subject: Manually posting General Notes to Structuralist Forum
- Next by Subject: Re: Masonry Fence
- Previous by thread: RE: QUERY: Updated AASHTO Standard Specification for Structural S upports for Signs (etc.)
- Next by thread: Re: Masonry Fence