Re: Masonry Fence

Treating it as a nonstructural component should work best.  Supported at
grade,  hx/hr will equal zero and Equation 32-2 should be beneficial.

(32-2) Fp =  ap * Ca * Ip * Wp / Rp say = 1.0 * 0.40 * 1.0 * Wp / 3 =
0.13Wp

Treating it as a nonbuilding structure, you must meet 30-4, 30-5 (max) ,
34-2 (min), and 34-3 (min) with R= 2.2 or 2.9 from Table 16-P.

(34-2) V = 0.56 * Ca * I * W say = 0.56 * 0.40 * 1.0 * W = 0.22W minimum

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo

"Larry Hauer" <lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net> on 12/21/2000 03:32:42 PM