RE: QUERY: Methods for Nondestructive Examination of Concrete Column

Bill:

Although it is "destructive" verification...

I often just have a guy chip away the cover on the
perimeter and verify it that way.

Tends to eliminate any guesswork...

It also allows you the opportunity to take a piece of tie
for yield strength testing.

A simple "Sika" patch can then be applied.

Regards,

David L. Fisher, SE,PE
Senior Principal
Fisher+Horos Structural Engineers