From: Dan Goodrich <dang(--nospam--at)karren.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Thursday, December 21, 2000 9:27 AM
Subject: Compressive Strength of Mortar

I'm designing a building using Atlas Brick.  The typical
f`m value is 3000 psi.  My question concerns what
strength to specify for the mortar.  I have heard that as
the mortar strength increases, the bonding between the
mortar and the brick decreases.  So, what strength
mortar should I specify so that I get the strength I need,
but not lose the bonding?

TIA
Dan Goodrich, P.E.