Concrete Pipe

Hi,

I have an unusual project involving design of a reinforced concrete pipe (12' diameter x 60' long x approx 12" thick), design of steel formwork, design of some kind of continuous saddle to support the pipe horizontally, finally checking the existing floor of the facility in which it will be cast and assembled.

The pipe will be cast in 4' long sections with stepped edges so that they will slip on each other end to end and fitted with gaskets. Not sure how they will be fastened to each other. A bridge crane located in the facility will be used for handling.

We are keeping the option open to have a precast mfr like "Simmons" to design the forms (probably the hardest part) and furnish the materials.

I would appreciate sharing your ideas, experience in any of the above items, especially formwork. If there are some precast mfrs out there reading this message, please let me your opinion as well.

Thanks in advance.

Nevin