From: Edward Arrington [mailto:Earringt(--nospam--at)ENG.CI.LA.CA.US]
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2000 9:07 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Concrete Pipe

Are you designing the pipe or just a means for construction of the pipe?

ed arrington

>>> nevsam11(--nospam--at)hotmail.com 12/27/00 08:29PM >>>
Hi,

I have an unusual project involving design of a reinforced concrete pipe
(12' diameter x 60' long x approx 12" thick), design of steel formwork,
design of some kind of continuous saddle to support the pipe horizontally,
finally checking the existing floor of the facility in which it will be cast

and assembled.

The pipe will be cast in 4' long sections with stepped edges so that they
will slip on each other end to end and fitted with gaskets.  Not sure how
they will be fastened to each other.  A bridge crane located in the facility

will be used for handling.

We are keeping the option open to have a precast mfr like "Simmons" to
design the forms (probably the hardest part) and furnish the materials.

I would appreciate sharing your ideas, experience in any of the above items,

especially formwork.  If there are some precast mfrs out there reading this
message, please let me your opinion as well.

Thanks in advance.

Nevin