Trusses at 24" bearing on studs at 16"

Seems like a lively discussion topic.  I think previous postings establish that there is enough concern over this to revise the Conventional Light-frame Construction provisions in the Code.  On many projects I have called for studs to align directly below trusses.  There is no rim joist to distribute loads from ROOF trusses, and with 48' and greater spans or 145psf snow loads (granted, this much snow SHOULD require engineering), you can overload a double 2x6 pretty easily.  Seems to me that this is where truss fabrication technology outpaced code development.  Many, many "conventional" residences have trusses that would shear through top plates or make them fail in bending if loaded fully.  Shudder......

Thor