Re: Finite Element Modeling

If you use ANSYS, you can consider the concrete specimen as an orthotropic
material with the element type: Solid 92, 10 node-Tetrahedral and calculate the
modulas of elasticity (Ex, Ey, Ez) by using the following equation:

E=v*Esteel + (1-v)*Econcrete

Hope this will help.

Clara

"Edward Arrington" <Earringt(--nospam--at)ENG.CI.LA.CA.US> on 01/03/2001 08:50:52 AM