	From:	Mark Pemberton [SMTP:Markp(--nospam--at)lbdg.com]
	Sent:	Tuesday, January 02, 2001 12:56 PM
	To:	'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
	Subject:	RE: Wind and Seismic for Redding CA

	75 MPH, Exposure "C", Zone 3, 30 PSF snow load
	are typically used in Redding. (1997 UBC)

	Mark Pemberton, P.E.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Ken Peoples [mailto:lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
	Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 12:31 PM
	To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
	Subject: Wind and Seismic for Redding CA

	I have a client who needs to specify a tank that will
	be installed near Redding CA.  He has asked me what to
	tell the manufacturer about wind and seismic loads.
	Being from the east coast, I would just like to check
	with some of you CA Engineers to be sure that what I
	am going to tell him is OK.  I guess my first question
	is whether I can use 1997 UBC.  If I can, I think I
	can tell him Seismic Zone 3 with a Minimum Basic Wind
	Speed of 80 mph. Any comments are appreciated.

	Ken

	=====
	Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.Lehigh Valley Technical Associates2102 Main
St.
	Suite 200Northampton, PA 18067ph: 610-262-6345fax:
610-262-8188email:
	lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net