RE: Wind and Seismic for Redding CA

1997 UBC is basically used in all of Calif.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Peoples [mailto:lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2001 12:31 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Wind and Seismic for Redding CA

I have a client who needs to specify a tank that will
be installed near Redding CA.  He has asked me what to
tell the manufacturer about wind and seismic loads.
Being from the east coast, I would just like to check
with some of you CA Engineers to be sure that what I
am going to tell him is OK.  I guess my first question
is whether I can use 1997 UBC.  If I can, I think I
can tell him Seismic Zone 3 with a Minimum Basic Wind
Speed of 80 mph. Any comments are appreciated.

Ken

=====
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.Lehigh Valley Technical Associates2102 Main St.
Suite 200Northampton, PA 18067ph: 610-262-6345fax: 610-262-8188email:
lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net