Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: German roofing material

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Could it be what we called Transite - Asbestos cement?  It is not used in
the US anymore, but I don't know about other countries.


"Sprague, Harold O." <SpragueHO(--nospam--at)> on 01/02/2001 10:20:37 AM

Please respond to seaint(--nospam--at)

To:   seaint(--nospam--at)

Subject:  German roofing material

Recently I was in Heidelberg, Germany assessing various structures.  I came
across a roofing material that as unknown to me.

It is a corrugated material formed into an S pattern.  The material
thickness is about 7mm thick has an overall depth of 57mm and a high point
to high point measurement of 180mm.  The material appears to be a cement
fiber composite of some sort.  The span of the roofing material is about 2
in general.  The roofing is a dark brown on the exposed surface.

Is anyone aware of the material.  I would like to get some product
literature, and maybe even some testing data if possible.  It appears to be
on structures constructed in the 1970's and newer structures.

Harold O. Sprague

The information transmitted is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient 
of this message you are hereby notified that any use, review,
retransmission, dissemination, distribution, reproduction or any
action taken in reliance upon this message is prohibited. If you 
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the 
material from any computer.  Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect 
the views of the company.