retrofitting of towers

we are currently undergoing retrofitting of our telecom towers.  we will be additiong additional atennae and our consultants have checked the towers and they require strengthening.  my questions are:

1.  additional horizontal and diagonal members will have to be added.  is there a code requirement regarding the tightness of the bolts?  i.e. up to what torque should they be tightened to?

2.  how do you inspect the effectiveness of the welds of the additional members?  what do you look for in inspecting the welds?

thank you very much

arman rivera

www.edsamail.com