Re: Finite Element Modeling

Other than as a purely academic exercise, I wonder if the precision gained
and additional work required would offset the lack of precision resulting
from the basic assumption in structural analysis, i.e., the structure is
completely constructed before any loads, dead, live, wind, or seismic, are
applied?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Matthew Stuart wrote:

>>Has anyone ever integrated internal reinforcing into a FE model for
concrete.  I don't believe I have ever seen this done before.

Any input from the experts would be appreciated.<<