From: Jim Todd [mailto:todd(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 3:15 PM
To: 'dennis.wish(--nospam--at)gte.net'
Subject: AISC Database in Excel Format

Dennis,

Per our phone conversation, AISC requests that you remove the AISC Shapes Database files from your web site. It is not a question of revising the file name to omit reference to AISC. The fillet radius information used in determining the properties and dimensions of a given cross-section is obtained by AISC confidentially from each producer. Therefore, the information contained within the AISC Shapes Database is AISC intellectual property and copyrightable. The only legal way the AISC Shapes Database can be obtained is by either purchasing the AISC Manual of Steel Construction or The AISC Shapes Database CD-ROM. This information is NOT available for free nor is it in the public domain.

The Shapes Database is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights laws and is owned, controlled, and/or licensed by AISC. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part, found in The Shapes Database. You may use The Shapes Database solely for your personal use, but will make no other use of the content without the express written permission of AISC.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jim Todd
Director, Information Technology
312-670-8312
todd(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com

   American Institute of Steel Construction Inc.
  One East Wacker Drive, Suite 3100, Chicago, IL 60601-2001
312/670-5403 fax   312/670-2400 receptionist   www.aisc.org