Re: Removal of the AISC Database

Dennis-
I am surprised that you caved to Mr. Todd.  What is
really at issue here is that AISC wants people to buy
their CD Rom.  As an organization that is supposed to
promote the use of steel construction, they should give
this information to anyone who wants it.

The fact that they would object to someone making this
database available for free on the internet is just
down right disgusting.  They have the right to try and
sell their CD-ROM, but when they try and stop the free
use of this data based on their "copyright" claim, they
do a disservice to the steel community they represent.

Maybe I will post the database on our web server so all
can have access to it.

Lynn