RE: Copyright Infringement

Bill,
The answer to your question appears to be yes. It was explained to me that
there the software vendor licenses the database and it appears that he (or
she) is provided with a maximum number of distribution that can be done. I
assume that a royalty is paid for each sale (license) of the software. If
any developers are out there who care to stick their necks out on this one,
I'd be particularly happy to hear it.

Bill, one other thing. There were three files that I included. Charlie
indicated that two of the files were exports directly from the AISC CD-Rom
intended for insertion into an Excel file (or other compatible spreadsheet).
He indicated, an probably correctly, that since the files were direct copies
of the AITC export program they are in violation. If this is true (I don't
know where the files originated), he would have a point.

I think the bigger issue here is the that I posted in response to Lynn
Howard which you (and others) may not have read yet. Charlie hit on the
issue and it is hard to argue without harming ourselves.

As a professional community, we endeavor to protect our intellectual
property rights. Until the issue is resolved to the Listservices
satisfaction, then it is probably safest to assume their rights are
protected and to support them in maintaining their right. In the end this
serves each of us by making the point as clear as possible - when in doubt
assume the information is protected. Although this is a good discussion, had
I made the assumption in the beginning, we may not be considering the issue.

Dennis