From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 6:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Copyright Infringement

We need to remember there is no such thing as "free". I know that seems
trite,
but it is nevertheless very true.

Someone is paying. The cost doesn't just disappear into the ether.

I guess the steel producers finally figured out that they got very little
"bang"
for their buck by giving away AISC manuals. They, like many other businesses
in
the last twenty years, looked around for places to cut costs, and I'm sure
the
"free" design manuals looked like a no-brainer.