Base metal strength reduction -- through-thick stress column flange.

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] The interim Guidelines Advisory No. 2 of SAC99-01 is very helpful to me in the design of moment-resisting frame. Thanks for the hard work.

I have a question on the 0.9 reduction of Fy stress used to limit the through-thickness stresses on the welding to the column flanges. Can someone help me find out the origination of this recommendation. Is it because the coupons are taken from the web?

Thanks

Sam Chang, SE