Re: Rigid Diaph. Analysis

In addition, if memory serves me correctly...when doing a mixed lateral
systems that contains moment frame, most (if not all codes...I know it is
in the BOCA) codes require that the moment frames be design to take at
least 25% of the lateral load even if a "stiffness" analysis indicates a
smaller value.

I think the suggestion to look at what load the diaphragm-to-brace
connection can actually carry is a good one.  It might be that the
diaphram connection to the brace cannot even develop the full load that a
rigid analysis "says" will be distributed to the brace frame.

Scott