ANSI A58.1-1972

Monty,

I have ANSI A58.1-1972 in the office.  IIRC, the wind requirements in that
edition were very close to the wind requirements of the 1970 UBC, i.e., very
nominal and simplistic.  ANSI A58.1-1985 was considerably more demanding and
much more stringent than the '85 UBC.  I will check it out in the morning and
get back to you.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Monty Hart wrote:

>>I have the design drawings for an existing metal building, erected in
1983.  The structural notes say it was designed for wind loading per
ANSI A58.1-1972.  I need to compare the wind loads calculated under ANSI
A58.1-1972 with the wind loads calculated under the 1997 UBC.  Can
anyone suggest where I might obtain a copy of the wind load provisions
of ANSI A58.1-1972 ?<<