HSS vs. TS Properties For Design (WAS: Re: Copyright Infringement)

One "problem" with this, I think, is that there are "new" design specifications
to go along with those new dimensional properties in the HSS Manual. These
specifications are LRFD only (with which, as I've said many times here, I have
NO problem, but which give others massive heartburn!)

These specifications are sufficiently more in-depth that I think one would wish
to use them rather than try to apply Ninth Edition AISC-ASD provisions.

I have never really delved into it, but I guess it might be possible to
"convert" the design specification provisions to the antiquated, dilapidated,
ancient, creaking and threadbare ASD method, if one were so inclined.