Re: Bar Joists

An SJ102 was 10" deep, A resisting moment of 63,000 in-lb, maximum end
reaction of 1,900 lb and for a 14ft span had a total allowable safe load of
214 plf. This joist had a #2 chord size.

If the joists are composed of hot rolled sections, they are probably A7
steel.

Also, when you look at them in the field, do be surprised if they look
different from today's joists.  Some of the older joists use crimped top and
bottom chords with round or strip webs.