RE: Question on wood Roof Trusses

Albert Meyer wrote:

>>When you receive truss shop drawings from the fabricator, do the
drawings give the forces in the webs and each segment of the chords?  In
my experience when we review MPC wood truss shop drawings the web and
chord forces are not provided to us 99% of the time.<<

At presentations by the plated truss industry, I learned that there are at
least two types of submittals that can be provided by the fabricator:  The
first is the single sheet, summary submittal; the second is a multi-sheet,
complete load combination submittal in which each load combination is
analyzed.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona