RE: Question on wood Roof Trusses

George Richards wrote:

>>I second Mr. Moore's opinion.  Our plans (for houses, not even commercial)
require that we review the roof truss drawings for conformance with our
design intent.  Over 90% of our builders do send us the drawings for review
prior to fabrication. The truss drawings are then forwarded to the Building
Official so that he can approve them.  This is in accordance with the UBC
section on deferred submittals. The Clients know up front that this is the
process and they pay for the service.  What the get is a safer home more
likely to be free of defects in design and construction.<<

Why should the client pay for an incomplete design of a proprietary product
and then pay the EOR extra to complete the design?

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona