Re: Question on wood Roof Trusses

Neil Moore wrote:

>>WEB BRACING ANCHORAGE TO WHAT?

The problem is that there are two phases to the design of any of the
commercial truss systems.  The truss designer indicates in his calculations
which web members must be braced and his small sketches that come to the
job site usually will indicate a 1x4 in the proper locations.<<

To answer your question, the ends of the member.  Isn't this what we want to
do when we provide intermediate bracing --- prevent displacement with
respect to the ends of the member?

I wouldn't touch using a 1X4 as lateral bracing and certainly won't be
responsible for connecting it to anything.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona