Re: Question on wood Roof Trusses

Sirs,

	I gather from reading the preceding correspondence on this topic that
there is some confusion regarding he sharing of responsibility between
the engineer of record and the truss design engineer.

	One thing we engineers of record in Canada are doing to reduce this
confusion is this.  We require a letter signed and sealed from the truss
designer confirming that he has inspected the installation and that it
is complete and conforms to intent of his design.

	Since this requirement is part of our specification. and hence part of
the contract documents, compliance is not optional.

	Of coursd, we do still review shop drawings and do our own inspections
to ensure that installation meets OUR design requirements.

	I hope this will be helpful.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson