From: Samir Ghosn [mailto:sghosn(--nospam--at)harris-assoc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 1:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Question on wood Roof Trusses

Let's add to the Mix
The Designer took a deffered submittal.
The Building was approved for construction.
The Building is built and the plans were never submitted to the Building
dep. for review.
The building inspector has question the approval since it is not a part.
The general calls the Mayor and throughs a fit for incompetent staff.The
general gets the truss plans not signed on an 81/2 x 11 sheets with faded
print from fax copyies.
The building dept. has now to approve the truss plans eigh months after the
permit is issued without the complete package and now figure the load path
without original clacs.
The truss design ingnored to include the shear drag collector trusses.
Oh, there has to be a strap collector or something, but the truss co. not
responsible.It is the engineer of record problem.Hardware is the
responsibility of the EOR, not the truss co.
How many times have you guys out there specified Hardware for Girder
trusses? just curious.
Frankly, I have to say, all of the above is true senario and I hardly get
those plans for review once the permit is issued.  How do building
Departments control this, Ideas????
Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E.

The hrow a twist into this: