Vapor Transmission and Reinforcing Corrosion

I was questioned by a project manager about the possibility of reinforcing in a slab on grade corroding due to a vapor transmission rate of 10.5. He said the rate is 10.5 pounds of water per 1000 ft^2 per 24 hours.  Part of the slab is colored concrete and part is not.  The owner changed his mind and decided to paint the floor.  Now the paint is peeling in the area where the colored concrete was used, they measured the vapor transmission rates at various locations and this question was asked.  I can not find anything in my references on vapor transmission rate and corrosion of reinforcing.

Does anyone have references on this or any experience in this area?

Thank You.

Patrick Ebner, P.E.