Seismic Design Manual, Volume 3

I recently was asked a question in regard to braced frame connection design
per CBC 2213.9.3.1.  The question was in regard to whether the "design
seismic force" in item 2 is E/1.4 per the load combinations in section
1612.3 for allowable stress design.  I had always thought this to be the
correct procedure if using section 2213; however, it was pointed out to me
that the SEAOC Seismic Design Manual, Volume 3 contains an example of a
braced frame design in which it appears that the 1.4 factor is omitted.  The
example is Design Example 1A, Special Concentric Braced Frame, step 6a.  Is
this an error, or is there some reason that the seismic design force for
brace connections should not be reduced by the 1.4 factor?

-Karen Casano