Re: Affordable Healthcare Coverage

For some reason, I have not received much e-mail in the last 24-hours. I
received only 5 posts from the SEAINT List, 3 from the AEC-Residential and 2
from the SE-Practice list. This is unusually low. Only one post was a
response to this subject.

If you replied to this subject, would you please send a copy of your
response to me directly at admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net so I can find out your
opinions on the National Association of the Self-Employed health coverage?

My wife called the Blue Shield Agent today and was told to expect a rate
increase every six months. As I explained in my original post, our rate went
up last May as I turned 50-years old. The rate went up about 40%. In July,
there was another 20% scheduled increase, another 20% increase in December
and another expected in March. How does Blue Shield justify so many cost
increases and how are others dealing with it?

We already ruled out Health Net as an unacceptable plan from references and
are now considering having to stay with Blue Shield and try to lower our
premiums by raising our deductible. We can move to Blue-Cross since we have
had no major illness in the last five years (although we do have existing
conditions).

I would be interested in hearing from other self-employed who are over 50
and dealing with rising health coverage costs.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net